CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Up for the 4:30 am feeding

4:30 am. Dean and I are wide awake in Shenyang, the capitol of the province of Liaoning. We wonder when LiLi will wake up for her last morning in the Children's Welfare Institute of Anshan City. We wonder what her little heart is feeling: sad, happy, scared?
I praise our Father in heaven that He is leading the way, preparing all our hearts for this new change for a lifetime. I am so grateful for His word, which constantly tells us of His people who are asked to step out without itinerary, seeing no further than this day's journey. (Yes, my sisters in Christ, the timing couldn't be better for our work in Experiencing God! It's alive and active in China too!)
What will LiLi be thinking on the drive from Anshan to Shenyang? This might very well be her first ride in a car. Will she like us? Will she embrace us, will she run and hide? Will she smile or cry? Will she see the great love that we have for her? I haven't imagined the scenario until now, as there are too many to imagine, and as I'm learning, God is at work--I need only to trust Him and follow His lead.
What a beautiful moment in the life of our family. It reminds me of last January when Dean, Dylan, Corinne and I spent the night in the foyer of Forysth waiting for Dena and Chris' baby to be born. New life! Can there be anything better? The Lord puts the lonely into families--can there be anything better? Adoption into His forever family--can there be anything better?
China is filled with many beautiful man-made places to visit, but the things of the heart, the God-made things, now these are the best.

1 comments:

Frank said...

Hi Renee and Family. We have been praying for you really hard since Thursday. We're glad that you arrived and had a safe trip. I am excited to see LiLi and hope that she will like me too. All the family here is well and hope that you enjoyed the forbidden city. And you all look pretty as a family.

And love and prayers,
Your mother.