CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

A fathers perspective

It is 11:15 Sunday night. In less than 10 hours I will have another daughter to call mine. And like my two daughters before her, She will hold a place in my heart that only she can reach. (My sons each have their own place as well and I have a love for each of them that is unsurpassed. )

Dena was my first and forever will be my Daddy's little girl. Even now, she can make me cry at the drop of a hat. She does things for me that will remind me in an instant of why I love her. The times when she used to braid my hair, fall asleep on my lap. She has a diligence and love of work that equals mine. Plus the fact she kind of looks like me. She was my completed world when she was born

.....Then came Corinne and I thought that it would never get any better. I didn't deserve the two daughters I was given. Corinne was and is a shining light. Her Grandfather called her Miss Sunshine which really fits. One smile is all it takes from her and she can light up the world. To me, she was and is "My pretty girl" She is my resident artist, a girl who used to put SHMILY notes all over for me to find. She was the one who promised me at 4 she would never grow up....she lied about that one.

And now in a few hours, I will have LiLi take her own place in my heart. And like her two sisters, it will be a place that only she can reach. I have no idea what that place will be, only God and time does. I do know that she , like her sisters, will have me wrapped around her finger. A smile from a daughter is all it takes for a father. We are left utterly powerless in return.

LiLi will have that power. And if I know her sisters to any degree at all, They will both show her how to wield that power to her greatest advantage.

And I look forward to it...

0 comments: